If you’re looking for an interesting way to soundproof your home, soundproof wallpaper might be the solution for you.
Since people are more used to soundproof paint, the idea of soundproof wallpaper is relatively new. The great news is that even though it may be less familiar, it will work just as well.
Soundproof wallpaper is different from regular wallpaper because it is made from multiple layers designed to keep sound out. One of the layers has acoustic foam that controls the echo in a room. The various layers work together to ensure that your home has a calm and relaxed atmosphere.
We’re here to help make sure your journey of buying soundproof wallpaper is as clear, easy, and simple as possible. This buying guide will compare the best soundproof wallpaper on the market.
In a hurry ? Here are our top picks
We will compare the strengths and weaknesses of each product and provide advice as to which one will work best according to your needs.
This realistic, 3D wall panel has a stylish, white brick design. With exposed brick becoming more popular in interior design circles, you’ll be the talk of the town if you go with this wallpaper. The 3D effect makes it look more attractive and acts as the perfect cover-up for a messy wall.
The soundproofing wallpaper is environmentally friendly, made from non-toxic materials designed to reduce loud noise, and has a waterproof surface. You won’t have to worry about it peeling off your walls due to moisture. Once you stick it on, it lasts as long as you need it to.
Unlike regular wallpaper, it easily sticks to various surfaces, so there is no need to remove existing wall panels or covers. You can easily attach the wallpaper to the surface and add an extra visual element to your home.
This type of wallpaper is strong. It has anti-cracking technology, and it won’t tear when small amounts of force are applied. It’s also heat-resistant.
This is an excellent option if you want to add a stylish design to your house while protecting yourself from ambient sound.
- Size: 30.3 x 27.3 x 0.3 inches
- Weight: 9 ounces
- Uses for the Product: Residential and Commercial
- Finish Type: Complete finish
- Number of pieces: 11
- Length: 64 sq. ft
- Color: White
- Easy to cut.
- Can be self-installed.
- Can be modified and painted with compatible P.E. material according to your taste.
- Works well with command stripes.
- The white brick design brightens up a room.
- The acoustic form panel is perfect for bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Customers are impressed by how well it sticks to the wall.
- Looks realistic.
- Easy to clean.
- Can be time-consuming to cut each brick individually (for the best results).
- The wallpaper is so sticky that it’s impossible to separate two parts if they touch.
- It is challenging to remove from your hands or clothes.
They are highly effective because they are thicker and denser than other wall panels and wallpaper.
The wall panels are stylish and come in various colors. You can choose whether you want a solid color, a dark color, or even a fun color. You can also mix and match the colors for different rooms.
The acoustic foam panel reduces noise pollution and improves sound quality. You’ll not only get a calmer ambiance, but you’ll also create a space in which you can hear clearly. This is a great feature for a recording studio, concert hall, podcast room, and rehearsal rooms.
This acoustic wallpaper is made for convenience. It is easy to install, so it saves you time and saves you from the horror of reading complex manuals. You’ll only need spray adhesive or double-sided tape to install the wall panels. The job is so easy that one person can do it.
DEKIRU is famed for its acoustic wallpaper, and they did not miss the mark with this product. If you value variety and want to add an extra pop of color to your home, this wallpaper is for you.
- Size: 12.95 x 12.4 x 4.72 inches
- Weight: 3.85 pounds
- Material: Polyester fiber
- Accessories included: None
- Design: Chamfer
- Number of Panels: 12
- Flame retardant.
- Multi-purpose (can be used to improve audio quality and lower loud noise).
- Panels are easy to clean and maintain.
- An affordable option compared to competitors.
- Reduces echo in small rooms.
- Absorbs sound.
- Looks great aesthetically.
- Quiets background noise.
- Can be moved without lowering the quality of the adhesive or damaging the wall.
- Might be difficult to find the right adhesive since they don’t come with their own.
- Does not work great on uneven surfaces.
- A single pack may not contain enough wallpaper to get the job done.
The panels are made out of soft panel soft foam, so they are anti-collision. The 8mm softness means that you won’t get hurt if you accidentally bump into them.
The wall panels have soundproofing material that reduces ambient noise. They can also reduce the traffic noise from outside. Whether you want peaceful sleep, fewer distractions while working from home, or just a silent space, these panels are an excellent idea for you.
Arthome faux brick wall panels are waterproof and oilproof. Since they are waterproof, you can safely put them around toilets. Also, they are easy to clean. All you need is a warm wet cloth, and you will restore the wall panels to their glory.
With a white brick wall design, the wall panels are stylish. The 3D effect makes them appear more realistic. Additionally, they can easily fit in with the rest of your decor since they are white. If you are someone who values style, this is a great option for you.
- Size: 20-(2.52′ x 2.27′)
- Weight: 9.49 pounds
- Color: White
- Material: Polyethylene Foam
- Installation method: Peel and stick
- Number of panels: 20
- Thickness: More than 8mm
- Coverage: 113.8 sq feet and more
- A stylish design.
- Can be installed by one person.
- Flexible design.
- Can be painted.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Large size means that you won’t need multiple packets to cover a wall.
- Adds dimension to small rooms.
- Easily removable.
- Stick to surfaces well.
- The adhesive doesn’t stick very well on painted walls.
- The process of cutting individual bricks can be frustrating.
- It shrinks in high-moisture situations.
The infinity loop acoustic panels are the most stylish in this buying guide. With a multi-color diamond design, they easily fit in with the rest of your decor. This acoustical wallpaper does a great job while making your home look more elegant.
BUBOS is an industry leader in the sound absorption industry. Each piece of wallpaper has panels on both sides. The panels work to reduce ambient noise while making sounds more explicit
This wallpaper has an average absorption coefficient: 0.8. It also passes the Swiss SGS Environmental Protection Test.
The panels are flame-resistant, so they won’t pose an additional risk of flammability in the unfortunate case of a fire. The burning performance is so outstanding that it reaches a B1 level.
The acoustic panels are easy to install. You can use either 3mm double-sided tape or glass glue to attach them to your walls. The environmentally friendly materials also work to ensure that you don’t struggle to take them off when the time arrives.
- Size: 12 x 12 X 0.4 Inches
- Weight: 2.4 lbs high density
- Color: Variety of colors/ Infinity loop
- Material: 100% polyester fiber
- Installation method: Stick to the wall using double-sided tape
- Can be cut to fit a smaller space.
- Variety of beautiful designs and colors to choose from.
- Efficient noise reduction and sound control.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Effective fore prevention.
- Easy to install.
- Great value for the price.
- Works well in rooms with wooden panels.
- Tames reflections in small apartments.
- You may need to purchase a lot of panels to make a real difference.
- You have to be careful with the adhesive or tape you buy; otherwise, they might fall in a few weeks.
- You need to plan on investing some time in the installation process for them to work efficiently.
The panels are made out of environmentally friendly studio foam. The studio foam is similar to the one that is used in recording studios. You can get top-tier sound quality while knowing that you’re keeping the environment safe.
The soundproof foam absorbs sound. They dampen the sound waves within a room and they are reduced to a low hum or silence.
They also minimize interference to improve audio quality. Once you put these panels in your room, you’ll have a clean and crisp sound without any annoying background sounds.
The acoustic panels are easy to install. You can use them as covers for any flat surface. It is up to you whether you stick them up with glue, tacks, screws, double-sided tape, or staples. With this wide variety to choose from, you won’t run out of ways to set the panels up.
- Size: 30 * 30 *2. 5cm (12″*12″*1″)
- Weight: 1.91kg/ 4 pounds
- Color: Black
- Material: Polyurethane foam
- Installation method: Stick to the wall.
- Enhance the audio in a room.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Reduces noise pollution.
- Each tile is so big that you don’t need many packs to cover a room.
- Multi-purpose so you can use in recording booths, home sound systems, rehearsal areas, dens, etc.
- It is cheaper than the other soundproof wallpaper in this guide
- High value for such a low price.
- Polyurethane foam is flammable.
- Panels are very thin.
- They may gather dust after a long time.
All of these products are a great way of soundproofing your home. They combine acoustic paint technology while looking like traditional wallpaper.
The choice as to which soundproof wallpaper to buy can be difficult to make, but we hope that this guide makes the process easier.
Most Stylish Wallpaper
BUBOS Decorative Acoustic Panels has a beautiful infinity loop. It also comes in various colors that can fit in with the rest of your decor. This wallpaper provides a more natural blend.
You get the most value for your money when you buy the Soundproof Acoustic Panels. You get 50 wall panels from a single purchase.
Most Realistic Wallpaper
The Arthome 3D Faux Brick Wall Panels have a stunning visual effect. They look like real white bricks.
The Art3d 3D wallpaper has anti-collision technology. The wallpaper is smooth to touch but it’s quite strong. You will not get hurt if you accidentally bump into it.
All of these soundproofing wallpaper options are great if you want to prevent noise pollution. They offer you an affordable and effective solution.
Most of them are easy to install and could solve your noise problem immediately upon installation.
We hope that this buyer’s guide is useful in helping you find the perfect soundproof wallpaper!